Friday, March 20, 2009

Twelfth Night by Shakespeare Act 1 Reflection

There are a lot of different things going on in the Twelfth Night. I don’t know why viola has to pretend to be a eunuch. I also think that sir Toby and Sir Andrew set a bad example for kids because they are always drunk. The language in the Twelfth Night is a little bit hard to understand but it is easier with the translations there. It is a little confusing but all in all it is pretty good.

            Viola is pretending to be a eunuch in the play so she can be with Duke Orisino. I think that you should be who you really are. It is almost degrading to women because he can respect her when she is a boy but not a girl. It is also causing a problem because Olivia likes Cescario who is really Viola and Viola does not like Olivia. I don’t feel that Viola had to become Cesario, I think it was a big mistake.

            Sir Toby and Sir Andrew are always drunk and I think that it sets a bad example. Now people can think that being constantly drunk is a good thing. kids may think that being drunk is a good thing because Maria basically told Sir Andrew to go and get drunk. Being drunk all the time is not a good quality to have and it is not good thing for people to remember you by.

            Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night is a pretty good book from what I have read so far. It was a little confusing but I’m getting used to the writing and I understand what is going on better. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the book to find out what happens. 

No comments: